Chili is one of my favorite comfort foods. On a cold and rainy day or snowy night, it is nice to be able to eat something warm and tasty. This is an easy recipe that even the kids can help make with minimal mess. It has been passed down from my mom and altered to fit the dietary needs of my family to be gluten free and vegan.
Vegan Southwestern Chili
- 1 pkg. gluten free, vegan burger
- 2 lrg. white potatoes
- 1 sm. pkg corn organic canned corn can be used too.
- 1 16 oz organic pinto beans canned
- 1 16 oz organic black beans canned
- 1 16 oz organic kidney beans canned
- 1 28 oz organic crushed tomatoes canned
- 1 med onion (optional)
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- In medium pan, brown onion in coconut oil (Optional)
- Place all ingredients into pot or slow cooker. Cook on high for 15-20 minutes on the stove or 3-4 hours on low in the slow cooker.
- If you are in a rush to get this soup made, you can microwave the potatoes ahead of time. Note: If you microwave potatoes you lose some of the flavor of the potatoes, but a good options when in a pinch.
- Add your favorite topping: vegan cheese, sour cream, cilantro