I have found a great recipe for chicken poppers that my family absolutely loves for quick snacks to grab and go. I found the original recipe here, however, I changed it just a little to meet our dietary restrictions. I actually liked these so much that I ended up going back and making a quadruple batch to freeze and thaw when we ran out of the current batch. I highly recommend these for gatherings, family snacks or lunches, or refuel after a workout. I use organic ground chicken and organic vegetables to try and get the best nutrient intake for our family.
Sweet Potato Chicken Bites
- 1 lb ground chicken, uncooked organic
- 1 cups uncooked sweet potato, finely grated You can use a hand grater or food processor.
- 1/2 cup baby spinach finely chopped
- 1/2 cup granny smith apple finely diced
- 2 tbs garlic infused olive oil
- 2 tbs cassava flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp ground sage
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take the shredded raw sweet potato and squeeze it with a paper towel or cheesecloth to remove any of the extra liquid.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and thoroughly mix.
- Begin rolling the mixture into small bites. You can use a 1 inch meatball scoop or a spoon. Place them on the baking sheet and slightly flatten them. You should get near 25 bites.
- Place bites in the oven for 25-28 minutes, flipping halfway through. Keep an eye on them after you flip them. They can burn easily. ough.
- For the last 2 minutes crisp the bites further under the broil setting. You can also choose to remove them from the oven and crisp them in a pan. Make sure to remove the bites from the oven when thoroughly cooked through, internally about 165 F.
- Allow the bites to cool and serve warm with your favorite sauce!