Just recently I have been in the mood for making mug cakes, it’s close to Valentine’s Day and I wanted to celebrate loving myself by making a mug cake. These are so much fun and tasty so I imagine you will see more of these sweet treats in the future. I am always looking for “baked” goods that don’t have baking powder in them as my body doesn’t tolerate that well. Just another fun fact about me, so when I find yummy baked goodies that meet my dietary standards I must try them.
Banana Mug Cake
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, pure
- 1/4 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 tbs arrowroot flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbs coconut nectar optional
- 2 strawberries, sliced optional
- 8 blueberries optional
- Mash banana, add vanilla, and set aside.
- Mix cassava flour, arrowroot powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- Make a well in the middle and pour the banana and vanilla mixture in the middle.
- Carefully mix the flour mixture with the wet until it is completely combined.
- Put mixture into a microwaveable mug.
- Cook for 60 -90 seconds, depending on the strength of your microwave.
- Let sit for 1 minute to slightly cool.
- Cut strawberries and add to the top and drizzle 1/2 tbs of coconut nectar on top.