In the many years of being vegan, I found one of the easiest places to start was the desserts. Such yummy, sweet goodness, warm or cold in the mouth with satisfaction at the tip of your taste buds. Oh, I guess I am describing my roasted peach dessert. I was entertaining a dinner party and wanted to do something classy but casual. The best thing about fruit for dessert is that it can be dressed in any way for any occasion.
This dessert is perfect for the in-between season of summer and fall. It has cooled down quite a bit now. The temperature had been in the high 90s, and now its in the 70s-low 80s. In the evening, the chill in the air along with the smell of the leaves is a reminder that fall is around the corner. Those are the moments a lot of us look forward to; that feeling when you crawl inside your blanket and sip on a warm cup of tea while watching the leaves gently fall to the ground. I am glad to share this experience all through a single bite of this dessert. Yep, its vegan too.
Roasted Peach Dessert
- 4 ripe peaches Halved
- 6 tsp. Earth Balance butter 1 tsp. per peach
- 1-2 cups Cashew Vanilla Ice cream
- 1/2 cup homemade coconut whipped cream See notes.
- agave syrup light
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds toasted
- dash cinnamon
- Place halved peaches into a baking dish, open faced.
- Put 1 tsp. butter on each center. Place in oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. The last 5 minutes change it over to a high broil.
- While peaches are baking, toast sliced almonds in a heated pan on stove. They should be lightly browned.
- Place peach on plate, open faced and top with ice cream and homemade coconut whipped cream. Sprinkle toasted almonds and a pinch of cinnamon on top.