Thanksgiving is around the corner and we are hosting it this year for the family. I needed to find a stuffing that would work for our supper table and an upcoming cooking class that I was co-hosting. This recipe was very tasty but I altered it to fit what I was looking for. You can find the original recipe from Leslie Dursco here. The following recipe is tasty and quite filling, perfect for a Thanksgiving Supper.
- 4 Sweet potatoes
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable or vegan chicken stock
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 3 celery stalks
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup Cranberries dried
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbs Earth Balance butter
- Set oven for 350 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes in oven and set timer for 1 hour or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Next, rinse quinoa thoroughly and place in a large pan with vegetable stock. Cook quinoa.
- While quinoa cooks, saute celery in olive oil and Earth Balance Butter. Once the celery is translucent, add salt, sliced almonds, and cranberries and cook for about 3 minutes or until they become soft.
- Mix finished quinoa with celery mix. Once potatoes are done, slice lengthwise and scoop out a small portion of the center of the potato. Add the scooped sweet potato to the stuffing mixture.
- Spoon stuffing into the middle of the sweet potato and serve to your guest.