Ketchup is a great condiment when made right. My kids love it on hotdogs, meatloaf and with our homemade sweet potato fries (all made vegan of course.) I don’t like that a lot of them are loaded with preservatives and sugar. I found a recipe, that my family likes. The original recipe is here from bakerette.com. I found that this recipe is great for the times we cooks can’t get to the fresh produce to make our items from scratch.
- 6 oz tomato paste roasted garlic
- 1/4 cup Agave
- 1/2 cup white vinager
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a slight boil and then simmer for 20 minutes. Stir often.
- Cool ketchup to room temperature or put in the refridgerator.
- Ketchup will keep in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.