One of the things I enjoy doing is baking gluten free bread and trying new recipes. I have recently found a flour mix I LOVE using for gluten free baking. It does not have any of the “gritty” texture and works extremely well. The company is Bob Red Mill 1 to 1 baking flour. I did find that I had to bake my items a little longer so it wouldn’t be so dense.
The recipe I chose was from optiderma.com. I didn’t realize I was out of yeast so I decided to try this recipe. I was happy with the results, however, I may adapt it next time to not have so much baking powder. I have a very sensitive palate so I can taste the baking powder distinctly in the aftertaste. I also used coconut oil instead of olive oil.
Here is the recipe from the website, as I have made it. I chose also not to add the seeds as my kids would pick them out anyways.
Gluten Free, Yeast Free and Vegan Bread Rolls
- 3 1/4 cups Bob Red Mill 1 to 1 baking flour
- 5 tsp baking powder I felt this was a little much.
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups water I used warm water
- 1/4 cup Organic coconut oil
- Seeds: As much as you want Pumpkin, Sesame, Poppy seeds, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix all the dry ingredients in a stand alone mixer.
- Add water and oil and mix well.
- Grease a muffin pan with coconut oil and with a tablespoon, scoop out and fill tins 3/4 of the way full.
- Place muffins/rolls into oven and let bake for 35 minutes. You may have to go longer. Check centers of the muffins with a knife to see if they are done.