I have decided to branch out of my comfort zone of cooking and create my own recipe. I was looking at some skillet recipes online but they seem to be bland or required items that I didn’t have. The recipe that I created was inspired by this zucchini skillet recipe. My family loved this, except one child who picked out the zucchini. It turned out better than I had imagined. I hope you enjoy my version of this recipe.
Veggie Rice Skillet
- 1 Tbs Organic coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini sliced
- 1/2 cup Sweet peppers red, yellow, and orange
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/4 cup Cashews soaked (4 hours)
- 1 can organic black beans rinsed
- 1 24oz can organic tomatoes crushed
- 1 cup brown rice cooked
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1/2 tsp. tumeric
- SOAK cashews for at least 4 hours. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add zucchini, bell pepper and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans, cashews, spices, and rice. Stir.
- Add undrained tomatoes. Increase heat and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Let boil until rice absorbs juice from tomatoes.