Vegan Eggplant Parmesan- Elizabeth Fresse
- 1 Eggplant peeled and sliced
- 1 cup milk or water
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour GF option: All Purpose GF Flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp basil
- Other Seasonings to taste
- 2 cups breadcrumbs GF option: GF Panko Breadcrumbs
- pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 450
- Peel and Slice eggplant (or zucchini squash)
- Mix all ingredients for batter together till smooth.
- Dip slices of eggplant in batter, then into breadcrumbs; set on cooking tray.
- Bake at 450 for 8 minutes on each side.
- Once baked, pour just enough pasta sauce to cover the bottom of 9x13 baking dish. Then place eggplant into dish and cover everything with remaining sauce.
- Place back in oven for another 15 minutes or so and serve right away.