When I chose to live a healthier life, I made a decision to eat complex carbohydrates and less processed refined foods. Sweet potatoes are among the vegetables that I now eat. There are millions of recipes out there that use sweet potatoes and I am happy to share my 1 in a million recipe with you.
Sweet Potato Burgers….I really love this recipe because I got to use all kinds of spices. What is really great about this burger, is that you can season it to any flavor that you wish. The recipe uses tofu and a sweet potato as a base for the burger. The tofu balances out the sweet potato, so for those that don’t like that sweet potato taste, it is not very strong in this. Take it from my husband. He does not like sweet potatoes and said these are quite good. So, give it a try. Remember, season your burgers well. My tastes may not be exactly like yours. So if you need more spices or salt, by all means, do what your taste buds are crying for.
Sweet Potato Burgers
- 1 pkg. firm tofu organic
- 1 med sweet potato
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs gluten free, organic
- 1 Tbs. sesame seeds
- 1/2 cube vegan chicken seasoning
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 tsp mediterranean herb seasoning
- 2 Tbs. Organic coconut oil
- Put sweet potato and tofu in stand alone mixer and mix until well incorporated.
- Add chopped cilantro and all other seasonings, except oil. Form 4 large/thick burgers.
- In pan, melt coconut oil and place 2-4 burgers in pan, depending on how big your pan is. Cook burgers about 5 minutes on each side.