I had the honor to cook with my friend Elizabeth Fresse. The theme of our cooking class was National Soup Day! We made four beautiful recipes of soup. This minestrone soup is her own and she has graciously agreed to share it with each one of you.
Quick & Easy Minestrone Soup Recipe - Elizabeth Fresse
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Small onion finely diced, optional
- 1 lb frozen green beans
- 1 lb frozen corn non-gmo
- 3-4 cans choice beans red kidney, great northern, garbanzo, black, or anything else.
- 1-2 cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 14-oz tomato sauce you can use spaghetti sauce also.
- 2 Tbs broth-type seasoning McKay's Chicken or beef or your favorite
- 1/2 Tbs dried oregano
- 1/2 Tbs salt or to taste
- 1/2 Tbs dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- Water as needed
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup small shell pasta
- 1 sm chopped zucchini
- 1 celery stalk finely, diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup carrots julienned or shredded
- 1 box pasta gluten free if needed
- Heat three tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot.
- Saute garlic and onion (and all other fresh veggies) for about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Bring soup to a boil, then reduced heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add spinach leaves and pasta and cook for an additional 20 minutes or until desired consistency.