There are so many fun ways to spice up pasta and what better way to change it up, then with pumpkin. Since it is fall and I love pumpkin, I wanted to create a recipe that would use some of the leftover pumpkin I had in my fridge. It was a cold day and comfort food was what my kids were wanting so, I decided to make pumpkin mac and cheez. This vegan dish is super creamy and was perfect for the fall day. Enjoy.
Pumpkin Mac and Cheez
This is a great recipe for everyone in the family. Kid approved pumpkin vegan mac and cheez is sure to be a hit. It is creamy with a subtle taste of pumpkin and perfect comfort food for a cool fall day.
- 1 8oz box gluten free pasta I used Andean Dream Quinoa Pasta
- 1 Tbs Smart Balance butter
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree, canned
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4-1/2 cup non-dairy milk or pasta water This may be more depending on what pasta you use
- 1/2 tsp tumeric powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2-1 tsp pink hymalayan salt
- Cook pasta according to the package. When pasta is drained, save liquid and put aside and use in place of the milk. The use of pasta water is optional, but allows for a creamy base.
- Once pasta is drained, place back in sauce pan and add in butter, pumpkin, and seasonings. Mix well.
- Add in milk or pasta water and serve.
If you would like a more spicy pasta, add in a pinch of cayenne or 1/2 tsp of red curry powder.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!