When our family desires pizza for a special treat, I like to make my own pizza sauce. Too many of the sauces out there contain onions and garlic, which I have a sensitivity to, and not to forget the preservatives and sugar.
This sauce is super cheap and organic. You can freeze the leftovers for a later use too.
The sauce was thick and held up well on a pizza crust. Tasted similar to spaghetti sauce, but the thicker.
- 1 28oz organic crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar Organic
- 1 tsp. dried basil Organic
- 1 tsp. dried oregano Organic
- 1/2 tsp. finely ground pepper Organic
- Salt to taste
- Put all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to slight boil. Take off heat and spoon onto pizza crust.