Homemade Corn Chips
- 6 yellow corn tortillas
- 2 Tbs. organic olive oil
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Nutritional Yeast optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add all spices and seasonings to a large bowl and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut your tortillas into equal strips.Transfer to bowl and toss in 2-3 Tbsp olive or canola oil until well coated. Spread on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Watch out, they’ll burn. (*Mine burned at the 12 mark...10 minutes was perfect.)
- Once removed from the oven, immediately add tortilla strips to the seasoning mix and toss to coat. If they appear to have dried in the oven while baking, you can spritz them with a little oil so the seasonings stick better.
- Transfer to a serving bowl or plate with a slotted spatula to shake off excess seasoning. You’ll likely have extra seasoning, which you can store for later use if desired.