I love alfredo sauce when I was able to eat it, and most likely I won’t be able to find anything like its taste again. I am so glad that our bodies are made in a way that we can cleanse it and do a “system restart.” I have found that stepping away from the things that were causing me pain, physically and emotionally, I was able to have a happier and healthier body. Wednesday nights are my nights to cook and blog. This Wednesday night I chose to make Cauliflower Alfredo to go on top of the zucchini spaghetti. Well, for a quick funny story, I took my girls shopping with me (age 5) and told them to pick out two beautiful zucchini and bag them. I went this evening to look in the fridge for my zucchini and there was none. I looked a little more closely, yep! There they were….two beautiful, cucumbers. Well, I guess there are some lesson we all learn. I am looking forward to my cucumber salad tomorrow. I ended up putting the alfredo on some gluten free spaghetti I fortunately had in the pantry.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk Unsweetened
- 4 Tbs. Earth Balance butter
- 1/3 container Tofutti cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. parsley dried
- 1/4 cup Go Veggie parmesan (optional)
- Chop cauliflower into small sections and boil until thoroughly cooked through.
- Strain cauliflower then place into a food processor. Process until smooth, slowly adding almond milk.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and add creamy cauliflower. Make a well in the center of pan and place cream cheese. Stir all, until melted and mixed well.
- Add seasonings. You can add parmesan, I however left this out.
- Serve immediately over cooked spaghetti (zucchini or pasta).