I love to cook and come up with recipes I can make using vegetables from my garden. When summer is at peak, our gardens tend to yield lots of beautiful and tasty veggies. This bruschetta tastes so great when made from garden vegetables. For those that need to cut out more fat, you can cut back on the olive oil by half the amount that I mention. This recipe can also be paired with the Pesto recipe. It will add flavor and a little more punch to your palate.
- 4-5 Roma tomatoes diced small
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped fine
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- salt to taste
- Dice tomatoes and slightly drain.
- Mix all ingredients and let stand for 1 hour.
- Slice baguette, brush with olive oil and toast or grill until lightly browned.
- Top with tomato mixture.