Brown rice is essential in our household since we do not consume large amounts of bread. Since we do consume a moderate amount of brown rice, I usually have to make it in large portions to last for the week between 4 people. I found a person who has made my life easier by providing a way to cook the rice without having to watch it. The method was found on Our Best Bites. I hope you find this method to be helpful. In my recipe, I adapted the amount that was made, by doubling the recipe and by using tasteless coconut oil.
3 cups Brown Rice
4 1/2 cups Water
3 tsp. Coconut oil (tasteless)
1 tsp salt
Heavy Duty Foil
1) Set oven to 375 degrees. Put water, coconut oil, and salt into pan and bring to a boil. While you are waiting for the water to boil, place the 3 cups of rice in a 9×13 casserole dish.
2) Once water comes to a boil, take off the stove and pour over the dry rice.
3) Cover casserole dish with heavy duty foil or a double layer of the regular foil.
4) Place in oven for 1 hour.
5) When hour is complete, take out and fluff with a fork, recover rice and let it sit on counter top until ready to serve or cool.