My husband and I enjoy coffee in the morning before we start our day and I have never been one to eat sweets for breakfast, but I wanted to create a recipe where I could eat something enjoyable with my coffee that had the protein and a great taste. I decided to create my very own version of Blueberry Buckle. This buckle is special, it is completely vegan and gluten free and has a vegan and gluten free protein powder incorporated in the recipe as well. I used Sprout Living EPIC PLANT BASED PROTEIN Powder. I am super excited to share this with you. It is a tasty and healthy breakfast treat to keep your morning full and delicious.
Blueberry Buckle Mix
- 2 cups All Purpose GF Flour Made my own mix, see recipe notes.
- 2 tsp. Double Acting Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance butter
- 1 Flax Egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 oz pkg. Protein Powder SPROUT LIVING- EPIC: Original Plant Based Protein
- 2 cups Blueberries fresh, organic
- 1/2 cup walnuts ground
- 1/2 cup pecans ground
- 1/2 cup vegan brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup GF Flour mix
- 4 Tbs. Earth Balance butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease 9x9 cake pan.
- Make crumble and set aside. (Mix all ingredients with a fork until butter is well incorporated.)
- Blend flour, baking powder, protein powder, and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- Beat together sugar, butter, flax egg, and vanilla then add milk and flour mixture: alternating the two ending with flour mix.
- Stir in blueberries by hand.
- Pour into pan and sprinkle crumble on batter.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.